Saturday, October 1, 2011

Lao-Tzu

A favorite excerpt from Meditations from the Mat, Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga written by Rolf Gates and Katrina Kenison:

“Do you want the world to improve? I don’t think it can be done. The world is sacred. It can’t be improved.”
- Lao-Tzu, Page 96

We can all see that there are negative things going on across the planet but at some point, I have to trust that the world is exactly where it needs to be to evolve. Why does it have to be the world’s fault for being perceived as imperfect? Maybe it is my responsibility to see the perfection in everything, to understand that imperfection does not mean bad. To quote Max Ehrmann, “Whether or not it is clear to you, the Universe is unfolding as it should.”
I find this quote so important to me because I often want to control part of the world. Don’t I know by now that it’s an impossible task? And why would I want to control it anyways? It’s a perfect reminder for me to accept what is and to work on what is changeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment